Exhibition Proposal Procedures
- Proposal Statement, including title, dates, and artists to be included.
- Personal artist statement for all the artists to be included. (May include resume, press, etc, as applicable.)
- Examples of work to be shown. (digital preferred, slides also accepted) Note: The examples submitted do not necessarily need to be included in the exhibition. They will be used as a guideline to check professionalism and quality of work.
- Basic layout of how the work will be displayed. (See gallery dimensions page.)
- Alternate dates in case of space availability.
- We may suggest a combined show if we receive proposals that compliment each other.
- Deliver or mail proposals to Gibran Studio & Gallery, Attn: Carly Gibran.
Please be aware of the following:
- For each show, the artist(s) will be required to pay for the cost of the show although we will handle all the details such as press publicity, design and mailing of postcards to our targeted mailing list of patrons as well as serving wine and food at the opening. For food, wine, lighting, postcards and postage, we ask that the artist(s) contribute $700 which is our cost with the gallery doing all the above. The cost is the same, no matter the number of artists included.
- We distribute 500 postcards. If the artist(s) desire additional postcards, they will be asked to pay an additional fee.
- Delivery and pick up of work is the responsibility of the artist(s).
- We will gladly hang work to be exhibited, but artists will be asked to assist if the work is untraditional or extremely large.
- Gibran Studio & Gallery will not be held responsible for damaged or stolen artwork. We have never had an incident, but do not have insurance for the art, as it is constantly changing, causing the value to be insured to change.
- All shows will be up for at least one month, but may be up longer depending on scheduling.
- 30% of all sales will be retained to help cover the facilities costs.
To drop off proposals, or if more information is needed, please contact us at:
Gibran Studio & Gallery, 102 S. Woodland Boulevard, DeLand, Fl 32720; 386.734.1996